Look what I got today!! Special thanks to one of my favorite blogs, Random Bits of Knowledge, for the nomination! I feel so honored that anyone at all reads what I have to say. This award comes with a little assignment. I am to list 6 things I am thankful for and nominate 6 other blogs to receive the award...here goes. First, the 6 things I'm thankful for:
1. My Lord and Savior who makes all things possible. He has blessed our family beyond belief, he guides our life decisions and prepares the road ahead as we travel through our lives. He is good, all the time.
2. My husband. My husband was my dream man in high school and remains so to this day. I look forward to continuing to grow older along side him and seeing our changing relationship evolve.
3. My daughters. Wow...what was life like without them? I love my girls so much that it sometimes scares me. They are amazing and brilliant and loving and beautiful and filled with so much wonder for our natural world. They make every day an adventure.
4. Our hometown. We are generally nomadic...for whatever reason we have moved more than I want to discuss right now. After moving to the small town we now call home, I don't think I ever want to move again. Lord willing, we will stay here. We finally have a hometown...the kind that makes your heart soar a bit when you see the lights of town as you drive home after a week or so away.
5. Our acre. I've found so many possibilities on one acre of land! I look forward to spring for months, dog earring all my seed catalogs and sketching out gardening beds, envisioning the yard at the height of summer, when all the plants fill out. We have plenty of space for the kids to run and play and the dogs to fetch. We will have ample room for our little flock of chickens that will be added to the homestead in the spring. Each year, we plan to add to the yard and gardens. Watching it all happen is wonderful.
6. Learning. I am thankful for the opportunity to be a lifelong learner. I love to set new goals for myself and to research and learn new skills. In the past few years, it's been knitting, spinning, vegetable gardening, and chickens...who knows what is to come?
And the nominees are.../drumroll please/
It Began in Camp 4
Women Not Dabbling in Normal
The Pioneer Woman
The Finer Things in Life
I love the blogosphere! Have a wonderful night!