Thursday, February 12, 2009

To-mAH-toes, To-mA-toes...

Whatever your pronunciation...I planted more last night. If every newspaper pot ends up with one strong seedling, we'll have
  • 4 Pearly Pink Cherry Tomatoes
  • 4 Pink Boar Tomatoes
  • 12 Green Zebra Tomatoes (Just for fun!!)
These are in addition to the other tomato seeds I'd planted. Nothing has sprouted yet, even though I go out to the garage to stare at them several times a day.

Also, Dad has set a date to come up and build the chicken coop. I'm still waiting for Atwoods to get their baby chicks in...can't find a mail order company that will ship less than 25 chicks. I'm only looking to get 4-6 chicks, so I guess I'll have to be patient. Our local Atwoods store says their chicks will arrive in March. I plan to check at two other area stores, though, to see if they will be getting chicks earlier.

1 comment:

HermitJim said...

Man...I love the taste of fresh tomatoes right out of the garden...makes my mouth water!