- Cook the last of the blackeyes from the freezer (the smell of these cooking on the stove is so connected to summer for me...isn't it funny how our sense of smell is so anchored in time periods and emotions?)
- Check on applesauce supply...the girls are going through the applesauce I canned this fall at a record pace. I may have to consider making more next fall.
- Crank out some more newspaper pots
- Start two varieties of tomato plants (Cherokee Purple and Genovese...the rest will be started next week)
- Set up an area in the garage for the new plants near the South window
- Till up two veggie beds, one in the backyard and one in the west yard (outside the fence)
- Pick up a load of compost to topdress both beds and the remaining three raised beds
- Check at Starbucks for "Grounds for the Garden" to add with to the beds with the compost (Maybe also enjoy a Frappuccino with my Starbucks gift card from Christmas?)
- Plant peas and spinach
- Prepare to plant onions, potatoes, and beets (Tuesday)
According to the forecast, we're in for a beautiful weekend followed by a few thunderstorms early next week...perfect for prepping the gardens and getting early stuff in the ground.
On a side note, DH is going trout fishing this afternoon, so perhaps we'll have some fresh fish to eat over the weekend as well!