Tuesday, June 24, 2008

There is a very good reason...

...that I've been a ba-a-a-a-ad blogger lately. I promise. It has something to do with this:

But I'm back and I'm going to make it up to you. Really....here, look at this pretty picture!

That beautiful blue candy jar belonged to my grandparents. It's perfect for a single hydrangea bloom. The colors on this one keep me guessing. When I planted it, it had snow white blooms. I expected them to change to pink or blue, but I am delighted with this green. The rust on the tips makes it pop. Love it!

These tomatoes seem frozen in time to me. It's a killer. I go out everyday expecting them to be ripe and this is what I find...everyday...day after day. Do they look any different to you?

Remember that ONE pear that was holding on to the tree after the "hit the fraidy hole" Oklahoma storm? Here he is...still hangin' on and growing. Thanks for all the good pear vibes!

The blackberries are shaping up nicely. We'll have a heaping bowlful to harvest this year and next year...well, my hopes are high and I'll leave it at that. No need to count the chickens before they hatch and al that jazz.

Tomorrow I'll post some photos of the stuff I scavenged off the beach! Great garden props! C' you then!

2 comments:

DP Nguyen said...

Raspberries look great! How do you keep the birds from eating them?

Your tomatoes don't look as green... Maybe they are slowly turning yellow. Does your soil need to be fertilized?

The pear looks good. I'll have to send you some of mine. We have way too many.

Welcome back to blogging!

Dr. White said...

DP...you are magic or something! The tomatoes are indeed ripening now! WHOOP!

As for the birds and berries...we are in a new neighborhood without many large trees, so there aren't many birds hanging around, so that's not a problem yet. We've planted some larger trees, though, so we'll have to consider that someday.