Sunday, September 20, 2009

I (heart) old stuff...



This pic is of a few things we found out on our land. I'm not sure what they are, but I love finding pieces of Willow Run's past life. We know it was part of a larger parcel of land that was a dairy before the previous owner purchased it, but we've also found evidence that it was once an old homestead (a filled in tornado shelter). Any ideas about what these items were? The one that looks like a key of some sort is threaded on the end. I'd love to hear everyone's input.

2 comments:

EverydayPrepper said...

My guesses from left to right are:
Part of a door latch. You know the ones that use to be in bathroom stales that you had to lift up then slide over to lock and unlock.
Next is some sort of wine cork puller or the winding key for an old toy.
The last one I'm not sure about. I would have guessed an S-Hook but it's closed up and looks like it was made that way.

I have no clue if any of that is correct but hey, it might be :)

Nell Jean said...

They look to me like old machinery parts.