Thursday, June 18, 2009

Could you pass me a tissue?

Take a gander at what I've been up to the last two nights:


Yup! Onions! LOTS OF ONIONS! I decided to go ahead and pull the remaining onions and freeze them. No one at my house will eat them raw, but we cook with them a lot, so freezing is perfect! I diced them into the size we generally prefer then slurped all the air out and froze them in the handy-dandy Food Saver bags to store in the freezer. (You don't need to blanch onions.)

I've still got 23 onions on the back porch waiting for their turn!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I did not know you could do this with onions but I did it with all my bell peppers last year, worked like a dream! Good ideas!

Dandelionmom said...

Those look awesome! I am doing that this year-last year I planted "keepers" which promptly went bad in my basement! I did do some with peppers and whatever fresh herbs I had at the moment for throwing into soups--they went fast! My onions are about 3 in tall right now..with the late spring and the dry dry weather I am nigh unto despair.