Wednesday, March 19, 2008

What's growin' on?

Here's the list of what we've got growing in the square foot gardens:
48 carrots
10 spinach plants
64 onions
10 red lettuce plants
9 swiss chard plants
32 sugar snap pea vines
32 beets
16 radishes

And we've still got plenty of squares left over! I love square foot gardening!

The vertical supports are yet to be built. DH has met with an unexpected knee injury that threw a serious wrench into our Spring Break plans. I may attempt to build them before the end of break...we'll see.

In other news, as I was pulling prickly weeds with roots that reach to China, I noticed that some of the strawberry plants are blooming. I had a really profound thought about weed pulling and how it is sometimes a metaphor for life...I'll share that some other day.

No comments: