Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Books, Books, Books

I love books...I collect them endlessly and read them every chance I get, oh, and magazines, too! I love them so much that just before Christmas I ran out of space on my bookshelves! A quick trip to IKEA solved that problem and now I have plenty of space and find myself needing to seek out more books!! LOL!

Here are some of my favorite shelves of books:









I love this little display shelf option on IKEA's Billy Bookshelves...it allows me to display some of the book/magazine covers!



This is what my two new bookshelves look like from a few steps back:





Then, there are the bookshelves in the hallway that the wee ones keep their books on...I know these could use a bit of straightening, but here they are...mess and all:



Oh, and we can't forget the books above the fireplace! Here they are:



Lately I've been able to order several FREE books each month with my SwagBucks, and it has been great fun to maintain a wish list on Amazon for that purpose. Right now we are waiting for the DK Eyewitness book, Paris...my oldest is currently obsessed with Paris and would like to take a trip there...maybe someday, sweetie...and Flour Power: A Guide to Modern Home Grain Milling for mommy! Again, if you haven't started using SwagBucks for all your internet searches, do it today!! (There's a link to get you started in my sidebar!) I can't believe how quickly my $5 Amazon gift cards roll in! I just downloaded the SB toolbar and always search from there and type in my addresses (facebook, blogger, etc.) there.

Hmmmmm...I *may* have a leetle problem...perhaps I am addicted to books? You should see my office!! ;-)

What's YOUR favorite book currently? A homesteading reference? A garden tip book? Perhaps a wonderful cookbook or canning guide? C'mon, help me build up my Amazon wish list!!

7 comments:

kclily said...

I am also a book and magazine addict. This is what I am reading right now - The NEW Low-Maintenance Garden by Valerie Easton and Weedless Gardening by Lee Reich.

Dee/reddirtramblings said...

I also love books. I frankly don't what I would do without them. My bookshelves aren't as neat as yours. :) Loved the photo of the wee ones' shelves. I think they are the most precious of all. It shows they also love books.~~Dee

MommaofMany said...

Books? I LOVE books! I have a couple of shots of some of our shelves on my school blog: http://teachingthecrew.blogspot.com/2010/01/skyrail.html

I'm planning an entry about the library.

Favorite books for me right now?

Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens (our first chickies ever will arrive in two weeks)

Family Feasts for $75 a Week (can't recommend highly enough!)

Both of these (and many more) were also swagbuck-financed purchases. Gotta love swagbucks!

Mommaofmany

Greenie said...

I'm new around here. Came over from the Long Life blog.

I love books, too! And I like your bookshelves, with the pictures and figurines and stuff interspersed with the books. Lovely!

Summer said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so jealous! I have to fit all mine in on 1 book shelf. Right now I'm reading Backyard Homestead, but I just finished Made From Scratch and I LOVED it.

Anonymous said...

Your kids bookshelf looks about like ours, except we normally would have a few more jammed across the top and a few scattered on the floor in front!

Marianna said...

I clicked over from Magic Onions...books are a favorite topic of mine! My current favorite read is Katrina Kenison's The Gift of an Ordinary Day.